How do I get a Police Report?

SQ Attorneys

SQ Attorneys

As we meet with new clients each and every day, we at SQ Attorneys hear a common question: “How do I get a copy of my incident report?”  Well the answer is actually quite simple.  To obtain a copy of a police report, one need only contact the law enforcement agency that responded to the incident. For instance, if a person was cited or arrested by a deputy employed by the King County Sheriff’s Office, he should go online and file a public disclosure request with the King County Sheriff’s Department.  If a person, on the other hand, was cited or arrested by a trooper employed by the Washington State Patrol, he should go online and file a public disclosure request with the Washington State Patrol.  The applicable sites are: , and , respectively.  Usually incident reports will be provided within 5 – 14 days.  Sometimes it can take a bit longer, but if that happens usually the government agency will notify you of the delay and the anticipated time frame of delivery.  .  If someone is looking for court records,and not a police incident report, he should contact the court where the case was handled, not the law enforcement agency that handled the case.  Generally, the courts will get court documents to a requester on the same date as the request.  The Washington rules for public disclosure can be found at RCW 42.56.

If you or a loved one is cited/arrested for a criminal charge don’t hesitate to hire a qualified Seattle criminal Lawyer. The Seattle criminal attorneys that make up the criminal defense team of SQ Attorneys are highly qualified and reputable Seattle criminal attorneys that are dedicated to providing top notch, aggressive representation for those cited or charged all across Western Washington and the Greater Puget Sound region. The team creates success by working with law enforcement and the prosecuting attorney’s office to ensure that all facts and circumstances related to the allegations are considered in creating the fairest, most equitable and just resolution possible in light of all the surrounding circumstances of the given case. So, whether you are cited with an infraction or arrested and/or charged with misdemeanor, gross misdemeanor or a felony, protect yourself … call SQ Attorneys at (206) 441-0900.

Leave a reply

10.0Gregory Wayne Schwesinger
10.0Saad Qamer Qadri