Cars, cars, cars … it seems everyone in Washington State has one. The state knows this fact all too well, and uses our unfettered love of cars as a needed revenue source. Case in point, Friday the State of Washington will be increasing a number of vehicle fees, the lot of which will be applied when a vehicle is purchased. The new fees are part of a $17 billion transportation package approved by the Washington State Legislature earlier this year. Following is a breakdown prospective car owners should be aware of:
(1) Original car and truck license plates will be $50 each (Previously $10).
(2) Replacement plates for cars and trucks will be $30 each (Previously $10).
(3) Original motorcycle plates will be $20 (Previously $4).
(4) Replacement motorcycle plates will be $12 (Previously $4).
(5) Temporary permits provided by dealers to buyers will be $40 (Previously $15).
(6) Negotiable dealer documentation fees will be $200 (Previously $150).
(7) The Stolen Vehicle Check will be $50 (Previously $15) for all out-of-state vehicles.
(8) The Vehicle Weight and Truck Weight (for trucks weighing 12,000 pounds or less) fees increase by $10.
More information about the transportation package legislation is available at the Department of Licensing.
If you or a loved one is in a bind as a result of a traffic charge, immediately contact a Seattle traffic attorney. A traffic lawyer is not going to judge you, and understands that everyone makes mistakes. Hiring a Seattle traffic lawyer to help can – at a minimum – reduce penalties, and can help direct people on how to best deal with their traffic charge, and many times even get them dismissed. So it should go without saying that someone cited for a traffic charge should hire a qualified Seattle traffic lawyer as soon as possible. Traffic charges can cause havoc on a person’s personal and professional life. Anyone charged with a traffic offense in Washington State should immediately seek the assistance of a seasoned Seattle traffic lawyer. SQ Attorneys is a band of such lawyers. If you need assistance with a traffic charge call SQ Attorneys at (425) 359-3791 or (206) 441-0900.